Are you looking for ways to improve employee engagement in your company? Do you think that employee engagement is an important part of a successful team? Employee engagement has become a strategy not a way of doing business.
What is employee engagement?
Many people think employee engagement is the same as employee satisfaction. But satisfaction doesn’t raise the bar high enough.
Others will say, it is really about creating happy workers and a happy workplace. But just because an employee is happy doesn’t mean that person is working on behalf of the organization.
“There are only three measurements that tell you nearly everything you need to know about your organization’s overall performance: employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and cash flow.” Jack Welch
Now the question is if engagement is not satisfaction or happiness, then what is it? Basically, employee engagement is the emotional commitment that a person has to the organisation and the organisation’s goals.
When a person is engaged, emotionally committed, it means that person is going to give discretionary effort and going to go the extra mile. That is the secret sauce. That’s why engagement is so important and so powerful.Engaged employees are in the game for the sake of the game; they believe in the cause of the organization. Paul Marciano, PhD Click To Tweet
That means if you have engaged employees, productivity will be higher, quality will be higher, with fewer defects and mistakes, and most importantly, they are going to get hurt less often. Your safety record is going to improve as people are more mindful and aware.
Discretionary effort leads to better business results no matter what your job role or responsibility in an organization. That means customers are satisfied.
The more satisfied your customers are, the more they are going to buy and the more they’re going to refer you.Do you want to motivate your team to a higher level of performance? Click To Tweet
Why employee engagement matters?
Are you thinking why bother with employee engagement? The below short video will answer that question for you. Take a look to find out how engaged employees add value to your business and why it should matter to you.
Make employees feel like they are respected, that they are part of the company and that their ideas have value. Click To Tweet
Once they realise these, they will be more likely to go above for their company. They will give amazing service and come up with creative ideas and do their best to the growth of the company.
“Employees who believe that management is concerned about them as a whole person – not just an employee – are more productive, more satisfied, more fulfilled. Satisfied employees mean satisfied customers, which leads to profitability.” Anne Mulcahy
9 ways to improve employee engagement
- Promote Lunch And Learns To Share Knowledge
- Encourage Volunteering
- Inspire Creative Thinking With Group Offsites
- Offer The Opportunity To Work Remotely
- Challenge Your Team So They Reach Their Potential
- Help Them Reach Personal And Professional Goals
- Encourage Side Projects And Curiosity
- Initiate Some Healthy Competition
- Emphasis Mindfulness
Improve Employee Engagement – Infographic
This infographic was crafted with love by Officevibe, the platform that helps you to be a better leader and make your employees happy.
“Research indicates that workers have three prime needs: Interesting work, recognition for doing a good job, and being let in on things that are going on in the company.” Zig Ziglar
Advantages to engaged employees
- A better business outcome such as:
Increased productivity, customer satisfaction, quality, and performance.
- Employees are happier and feel that they are an asset to the team and have a sense of empowerment.
- When employees’ are committed to the company’s goals and feel they are valued, they strive to do well.
“To build a culture of engagement it is important to incorporate training on intrinsic motivation and employee engagement into management development programs.” Kenneth Thomas
Ways to increase employee engagement
- Ensure that employees know the goals and purpose of the company.
- Keep your employees well-informed about changes in the company that may affect them.
- Ensure and promote their physical and mental well-being.
- Create and promote a positive atmosphere and attitudes.
- Make one on one meetings with employees.
- Conduct employee surveys.
Take a few minutes and ask the following questions to employees:
How are they feeling about their current job role?
What do they like and dislike?
What improvements do they like to see?
Think about your company’s employee engagement and:
- Identify what employee engagement means to your specific business.
- Recognise the advantages of engaged employees.
- Create tools to increase employee engagement.
- End result: Success in all aspects of your business.
What unique ideas do you implement in your teams to keep them engaged?
Do you need better employee engagement?
Share your views to improve employee engagement?
“Sharing is Caring!” Don’t forget to share this article on your network.
The man behind Simply Life Tips. YouTube Partner. Always eager to learn new things.
Passions – Reading, Blogging, Creating videos. Believe “Sharing is Caring!