Smartphone addiction is a major problem affecting many people across the globe. Many people find it difficult to live without their smartphone by their side.
- Do you have a smartphone addiction problem?
- If yes, what makes you so addicted?
- Is it safe to use your devices as much as you do?
- Do you wish to break your smartphone addiction?
Continue reading to know the problems and solutions.
Technology is improving day by day and overtaking our daily lives. Today smartphones have become an essential part of most people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, career or status. Right from the palm of our hand, with a simple touch of a finger, we can carry out a plethora of daily tasks.
What is smartphone addiction?
Some people have a smartphone addiction problem, Internet overuse problem or Internet addiction disorder, sometimes known as “nomophobia” (fear of being without a mobile phone). But they do not realise this problem and the negative impact of this on their physical and mental health.
Many people multitask while watching the movie in a darkened theatre. Some people use smartphones on the dinner table, in worship places, while driving, and even when carrying on a face-to-face conversation.
Many people start their day looking at the smartphone. Immediately after opening the eyes they use the smartphone for checking social media updates, e-mails, etc. Some people have the bad habit of keeping the smartphone on the bed while sleeping and notifications sound distract their sleep. Keep your smartphone away from the bed for better sleep.
Are You Addicted to Your Smart Phone?
This infographic shows what people commonly use their smartphones for and also lists a series of signs that indicate smartphone addiction.
Why Are You So Addicted To Your Smartphone?
How to control your smartphone addiction?
- Why do mobile virtual homes take precedence over real physical homes?
- Does smartphone addiction make us less interactive and engaging with real people?
- What can we do to break our bad habit?
In the video, Ross Sleight explores both the personal and social impact of addiction to smartphone.
Smartphone addiction can affect your physical and mental health. It can also affect your relationships with family, friends, community and productivity.
Experts develop new technologies for the good use and betterment of life, but wrong or overuse of your devices can negatively impact your life and hence try to make a change.
While a smartphone can be a useful tool to live in the current world, you should be careful with when and how you use it. You can use the technology at your fingertips in a way that is useful, without letting it become a problem.
Is your phone using you?
How many times a day do you check your phone or browse through Social Media?
If you found this post useful, please recommend and share to help others find it! You can easily share by clicking on share buttons. Remember“Sharing is Caring!”
Feel free to leave your thoughts below.
- Mood Boosting Foods | How to Use Food To Improve Your Mood?
- 7 Amazing Success Habits You Must Adopt To Achieve Success In Life
- Importance Of Exercise | The 7 Top Excuses For Not Exercising Enough: What’s Yours?
- Getting Your Life Back In Order: How Much Does Rehab Cost?
- The First Woman Pilot Of Indian Navy Shivangi From Bihar