Are you a fan of KFC chicken? Today we can see KFC shop every corner, wherever you travel. Many youths do not like chicken prepared at home, but they like KFC very much. Do you know how KFC started by Colonel Harland Sanders and how it became World’s Biggest Brand?
KFC Founder Colonel Harland Sanders
Colonel Harland David Sanders was an American businessman, best known for founding fast-food chicken restaurant chain Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC).
His name and image are still symbols of the company. It’s amazing how Colonel Harland Sanders started the company at the age of 65, when most retire, and built a global empire out of fried chicken.
Inspirational True Story – Colonel Harland Sanders
Biography Of Harland Sanders, Founder of KFC
- Born: 9 September 1890, Henryville, Monroe Township, Indiana, United States
- At age 5 his Father died.
- At age 16 he quit school.
- At age 17 he had already lost four jobs.
- At age 18 he got married.
- Between ages 18 and 22, he was a railroad conductor and failed.
- He joined the army and washed out there.
- He applied for law school he was rejected.
- He became an insurance salesman and failed again.
- At age 19 he became a father.
- At age 20 his wife left him and took their baby daughter.
- He became a cook and dishwasher in a small cafe.
- He failed in an attempt to kidnap his own daughter, and eventually, he convinced his wife to return home.
- At age 65 he retired.
- On the 1st day of retirement, he received a cheque from the Government for $105
- He felt that the Government was saying that he couldn’t provide for himself.
- He decided to commit suicide, it wasn’t worth living anymore; he had failed so much.
- He sat under a tree writing his will, but instead, he wrote what he would have accomplished with his life.
- He realised there was much more that he hadn’t done.
- There was one thing he could do better than anyone he knew. And that was how to cook.
- So he borrowed $87 against his cheque and bought and fried up some chicken using his recipe, and went door to door to sell them to his neighbours in Kentucky.
- Remember at age 65 he was ready to commit suicide.
- But at age 88 Colonel Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) Empire was a billionaire.
- Died: 16 December 1980, Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Attitude. It’s never too late to start all over. Most importantly, it is all about your attitude. Never give up no matter how hard it gets.
Recommended for reading
Do you know how these people have struggled in their lives and became successful?
- Sundar Pichai Google Ceo
- Satya Nadella Microsoft CEO
- Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Warren Buffett CEO Berkshire Hathaway
You can read more about Colonel Sanders in Wikipedia
Feel free to share your views in the comment box below
Mathukutty P. V. is the founder of Simply Life Tips, a passionate Blogger, Content writer, Influencer, YouTuber. Lives with a notion “SIMPLE LIVING, CREATIVE THINKING”. Believe – “Sharing is caring.” “Learning never ends.”