Are you a parent worried about your child’s gaming addiction problem? Are you a person searching for ways to overcome video game addiction? If yes, continue reading and watch the videos of experts to find the answers of your problems.
What is gaming addiction?
Life is not always happy, but mixed with happiness and sorrows. When failures and sorrows comes, your mind become stressful. At that time it is great to do things you enjoy to overcome stress. But can you go too far with a hobby or game for pleasure? At what point does it become an addiction? These are some of the questions experts are trying to answer about playing video games.
Many people are starving for instant gratification so they escape to video games. Video game addiction is uncontrolled use of video games that causes problems in other areas of the person’s life.
Technology is being developed day by day. Experts hard work to develop new technologies for the good cause of human. Unfortunately, some people are misusing the technology and also addicted to many things such as smartphone addiction, internet addiction, video game addiction, social media addiction etc.
What is gaming disorder?
Video game addiction also known as gaming disorder or internet gaming disorder is generally defined as problematic, compulsive use of video and/or internet games, that results in significant impairment in an individual’s function in various life domains over a prolonged period of time. This and associated concepts have been under considerable research, debate and discussion among experts in several disciplines, and have generated controversy from the medical, scientific and gaming communities.
The disorder may present itself as compulsive gaming, social isolation, mood swings, diminished imagination, and hyperfocus on in-game achievements, to the exclusion of other events in life. Such disorders can be diagnosed when an individual engages in gaming activities at the cost of fulfilling daily responsibilities or pursuing other interests, and without regard for the negative consequences.
The World Health Organization included gaming disorder within the 11th revision of its International Statistical Classification of Diseases. The American Psychiatric Association (APA), while stating there is insufficient evidence for the inclusion of internet gaming disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders in 2013, considered it a condition for further study. Source: Wikipedia
Video Game Addiction Symptoms, Causes and Effects
- What are the different types of video game addictions?
- What are the causes for an addiction to video games?
- What are the signs of video Game addiction?
- What are the emotional symptoms of video game addiction
- What are the physical symptoms of video game addiction
- What are the short-term and long-term effects of video game addiction?
- Is it possible to test or do self-assessment?
Find answers on PsychGuides
A few symptoms of game addiction
- Most of the time thinking about gaming.
- Don’t want to do anything other than playing game.
- When you can’t play feeling bad about this.
- Spend more and more time on playing to feel good.
- Unable to quit playing or even play less.
- Unable to concentrate on your work, study or even personal matters.
Gaming Addiction: When Does Video Gaming Become a Problem?
Do you play video games? If you don’t play them yourself, you know someone who does. An estimated 1 in 10 children show the signs of gaming disorder.
Most people do not know when does video gaming become a problem? Dr. Judith Joseph, Psychiatrist shares the signs you need to know about gaming addiction.
What are the points discussed in the video?
- How gaming goes from a hobby to a disorder?
- How the reward system of video games can be so addictive?
- How to spot the warning signs of video game addiction?
- Simple at-home strategies for preventing gaming disorder.
- How to seek treatment for gaming addiction?
- How to tell if a loved one is recovering from gaming disorder?
How To Overcome Video Game Addiction?
Stefan was totally immersed in video games. He used to spend hours/day playing video game because it was a way to escape the real world. Once he broke free of video game addiction, his life changed forever. Stefan shares how to overcome video game addiction.
Any kind of addiction will affect your mental health and slowly physical health also. Once you are addicted to something, you may find it difficult to quit from it. But it doesn’t mean you cannot stop it. You can always recover from addiction with easy steps and expert advice.
Recommended for reading
- Parents Beware | This Is Dangerous Than Drug Addiction
- Marijuana Addiction Effects And Recovery Story
- How Claudia Christian Overcame Alcoholism
- Jo Harvey Weatherford | Addiction Rewriting Story
Do you have or your friends have gaming addiction problem?
Kindly share the post on your network and help others to read.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment box below.
Mathukutty PV. is the man behind Simply Life Tips. Blogging is a passion. Always eager to learn new things. Read More